Welcome to Dover, MA
Dover is located in Norfolk County just 15 miles southwest of Boston. The town is bordered by Medfield, Needham, Natick, Sherborn, Walpole. Wellesley, and Westwood. This predominantly residential town is nestled on the south banks of the Charles River. Dover residents appreciate the bucolic and rural setting. Residents support the protection and acquisition of open space to maintain this iconic lifestyle. The population is approximately 6,300 with just over 2,000 households.
- Dover has a small center of town built around the Town House (Town Hall), the Police & Fire Stations and the Caryl Community Center. The twon center also plays host to a market, wine shop, post office, sandwich shop, dry cleaner, gas station, and several other small, locally-owned businesses.
- Dover is the site of both Noanet Woodlands and about half of Hale Reservation. Together they total about 1800 acres. There is also trail access into Rocky Woods Reservation and Pegan Hill Reservation. These reservations are all open to the public, and have well-marked trails for walking, horseback riding, and off-road biking.
- The Dover Town Library has been awarded “America’s Star Libraries – Top Rated Libraries” every single year by the Library Journal since 2014. The library offers virtual reality equipment, computers, cooking tools and other household items for free to library members along with cultural events and classes.
- The Dover Parks and Recreation Department offers recreational activities for all ages including the annual Dover Days fair, 5 K runs, a fishing derby, Concerts on the common series, children’s programs, and summer camps.
- The Dover Cultural Council supports classes and events in the community with grants from the MA Cultural Council.
- The median home value in Dover is $1,106,700. Dover home values have gone up 5.8% over the past year are predicted to rise 4.3% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in Dover is $315, which is higher than the metro Boston average of $280. The median price of homes currently listed in Dover is $1,795,000.
Dover’s schools are consistently ranked as top in the state and the nation. Since 2013, Dover-Sherborn High School has been named as the #1 public high school in greater Boston, by Boston Magazine. U.S. News & World Report named Dover-Sherborn High School a Gold Medal School, ranking them 65th in the nation.
- Dover has three public schools—Chickering Elementary School (grades K-5), Dover-Sherborn Middle School (grades 6-8), and Dover-Sherborn High School (grades 9-12). Chickering School is under the Dover School Committee, while the two secondary schools are the responsibility of the regional school system.
- The private, independent Charles River School (Pre-K-grade 8) is located in the town's center.
Here are current MLS listings in the Dover, MA area:
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
$2,895,0006 Beds, 6 Baths8,582 sqft lot 2.31 acListed with Rutledge PropertiesMLS 73161041
$1,695,0002 Beds, 4 Baths5,284 sqftListed with Dover Country Properties Inc.MLS 73155547
$1,595,000Price Drop5 Beds, 3 Baths3,468 sqft lot 1.37 acListed with Dover Country Properties Inc.MLS 73136000
$1,290,0000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 4.80 acListed with Dover Country Properties Inc.MLS 73159542
$1,290,0002 Beds, 2 Baths1,840 sqft lot 4.80 acListed with Dover Country Properties Inc.MLS 73159540
$1,249,0004 Beds, 3 Baths4,225 sqft lot 43,560 sqftListed with Coldwell Banker Realty - BelmontMLS 73136007
$1,050,0003 Beds, 3 Baths3,518 sqft lot 1.02 acListed with Gibson Sotheby's International RealtyMLS 73159909
$899,9004 Beds, 2 Baths2,591 sqft lot 43,560 sqftListed with CompassMLS 73155141
$3,7003 Beds, 2 Baths1,698 sqftListed with Kerrigan Realty Assoc.MLS 73142267
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
Save favorite listings, searches, and get the latest alerts
Save your favorite listings, searches, and receive the latest listing alerts